15 Feb 2023
Google My Business: What you need to know
Google My Business is a free service that allows you to create, manage and share your business information on Google Search.
Why do I need to add a business listing on Google My Business?
It's simple: if you want people who are searching for local businesses in your area to find you, then adding your own listing is the first step towards achieving this goal. If other businesses are listed by Google Search as well as yours, then they will be visible in search results alongside yours and others' listings--and that means more traffic for everyone! How does one get added into this database?
The process is fairly straightforward: simply go through these steps:
- Sign up at https://plus.google/businesses/create
What is Google My Business?
Google My Business is a free and easy way to manage your business information on Google. It allows you to create a detailed listing for your business on Google Search and Maps, connect with customers, find new customers, and manage all of your local listings in one place.
If you are an SEO marketing manager who works with small businesses in the same industry as yours (or even if you don't), then this could be helpful for helping set up your own company's website.
How do you add a business to Google My Business?
- Go to Google My Business and click on the "Add a business" button.
- Fill out the required fields: Name, Location, Phone Number and Website URL (or just enter a URL).
- Select Add Profile Photo if you want to include your company logo or photos of your business in the listing; or skip this step if you don't want to add them or have them automatically added later by Google based on their size/quality as determined by us during uploads via Editor tools at [Link].
What are the benefits of adding a listing on Google My Business?
Adding a listing on Google My Business helps with search engine visibility and leads.
Adding a listing on Google My Business can help you make money by generating leads for your business, increasing the number of people who are interested in what you do, and helping them find you.
How does a business get added to Google My Business?
Adding your business listing on Google My Business
There are two ways to add a business listing:
- Through the Google Search Console. You can do this by logging into your account and clicking "Manage" under Local Business Listings. Then, select Edit for each of the properties that you want to manage. Scroll down until you see Add more locations or edit an existing location, then follow these steps:
- In the same way that we did above with adding an existing location (and in order), click Add new property button and fill out all fields as appropriate (we'll go over those later).
Once finished with filling out all necessary information, click Save changes button at bottom right corner of page or close window if already open (this saves changes made during our session so others won't see them).
Is it free to register for a listing on Google My Business?
You can add your business to Google My Business for free. To do so, you will need to create a free account on the Google My Business website and then add the correct details of your business.
Google also allows you to add your business from the Search Console or Maps websites by inputting some basic information about yourself and then clicking "Add".
In conclusion, adding your business listing on Google My Business can help with search engine visibility, generate leads and even make you money. In addition to this, it also provides a platform for customers to find out more about how your business operates. We Cosmocrat Software Solution (OPC) Pvt. Ltd. Help your business to grow because we provide all Digital Marketing Services in one place.